It takes enthusiasm, excellent organisational skills and some key skills to become part of our team, so if you are ambitious with a real passion for community projects and you think you have what it takes, please email us your CV and a covering letter explaining what you can bring to the table.
ALF is seeking exceptional individuals to join our coaching team at both Green Park and Longridge to deliver high quality outdoor adventurous activity programs to people of all ages and abilities. Our peak season is from March until October, with salaries starting from £15,678 pro rata per annum, plus highly subsidized accommodation, a meals package and personal training budget. We are looking for those with coaching qualifications or experience in any of the following activities: kayaking, climbing, high ropes, mountain biking, archery and bushcraft. Please e-mail a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. For further information regarding our Villages and the Charity please visit explore our website.
Chief Operational Officer (COO)
Activities Director, Director of ALF Learning, Customer Manager
Working with the ALF Board to ensure that ALF Villages is a successful charity with specific responsibility for running efficient, effective operations at Green Park, Shortenills, Longridge and Little Marlow Athletics Complex ‘ALFletics’ that delivers functions within budget and to the agreed strategy.
Leadership & Strategic Direction
Ensure that all Villages and support services are run as efficient, effective operations that deliver functions within budget and to the agreed strategy. Retaining a motivated team that will deliver agreed strategic vision. In addition ensure that:
- Villages comply with all appropriate legislative procedures and requirements.
- Develop and manage a senior team and support that team to develop their own teams
- Make all team members aware of our vision and their role in realising that vision
- Ensure aware of developments within our business sector, community and with our stakeholders.
- With Activities Director, ensure Health and Safety is maintained in all areas
- Manage relationship with ALF Partnership to deliver excellent support services
- With ALF Partnership, create and police annual budget for ALF and each organisations Trustees approval
- Handle all complaints and settle disputes
- Spot, create and fulfil business opportunities for ALF Villages and Adventure Learning Foundation
- Attend quarterly Trustees meetings
- Ensure that the learning journey underpins all that we do
- Feed back to ALF Partnership fundraising requirements and opportunities and work together to ensure bids are completed
- Liaise with ALF Partnership to ensure that all financial, HR, and other policies and procedures are in place and followed by the team
- Work with the customer manager to deliver the budgeted sales growth
- Identify how the sales can be increased to support long term development
- Increase use of Villages facilities
- Support Customer Manager in creating a customer team that respond quickly and professionally to all enquiries.
- Work with site team to ensure that we are working together to maximise budget spend
- Ensure that all centres are operating efficiently
- Manage development projects eg. Refurbishment of Green Park Meeting Rooms, accessing canal
- Identify building projects that would increase income and work with ALF Partnership to realise the funding for these
- Coordinate relationship with key tenants and partners eg. Nursery School at Green Park and our caterers AIP
- Ensure that Operations Team at all Villages have the facilities available to customer as booked and that all areas of the sites are as tidy and clean as possible
- Work with our contract caterers to ensure that the catering provision is delivered to a high standard to meet our customers’ needs at all sites
- Manage the IT requirements at each site, liaising with our IT contractors to ensure required provision is met
Health & Safety
- Ensure H&S is central to all areas of operation and appropriate records are kept up to date
- Centres deliver to all appropriate legislative procedures and comply with all relevant regulations and legislation.
- Keep up to date the Standard Operating Procedures, Risk assessments, Staff training records of ALFletics and Green Park Pool
- Work with ALF Partnership to increase sales at all sites
- Ensure that all sites have appropriate marketing material
- Ensure team members are collating and reporting on customer feedback and social media opportunities
Quality Service Development
Chair monthly Village Operations Meetings.
To develop a volunteer programme to ensure we have an enthusiastic committed volunteer workforce that can assist with events and site maintenance.
Able to approve all budgeted expenditure and all non budgeted expenditure up to £5000
Key Performance Measures
- To increase business levels at all centres
- To ensure all areas operate to maximum environmental efficiency
- To create an efficient and effective operational team.
Salary circa £50,000 per annum. Based at Green Park with frequent travel to our other centres. Working necessary hours to deliver above JD, which will involve working when necessary bank holidays, weekends and evenings.
Key Attributes and Experience
The successful candidate will be a collaborative manager with proven, extensive experience in organisational management, multiple team management, and facilities management. The COO must have:
- Demonstrated ability in team-building within a varied organisation
- A deep understanding of outdoor education and emerging practices
- Experience in supervising, developing and managing facilities and park land
- Demonstrated success in solving problems within complex systems and multiple centres
- A deep understanding of health and safety
Critical competencies include:
- Strategic planning with sensitivity to time constraints and resource availability
- Skilled in conflict identification, management, and resolution
- A thirst for perfection
- A heart for service to others
Please provide your résumé and a cover letter that includes at least three professional references. Materials should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of materials will begin immediately and will continue until this position is filled.
Background screening will include, but not necessarily be limited to: reference checking and criminal records check.
The Adventure Learning Foundation values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, gender identity and expression,
Candidates will be invited to a first interview with Company Secretary and CEO. At this interview candidate will get the opportunity to meet with other key members of team and will be invited to tour all centres.
Second interview will be with CEO and representatives of the Trustee Board
A decision will be made within 48-hours of the second interview.
For further information or an informal chat about this role, please contact our CEO, Amanda Foister OBE – email@example.com